Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.--Bertrand Russell

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Choice is Made

Sy and I have made the decision to go nomadic.  We were leaning yesterday.  We continued talking ourselves into it today.  We are going to look at a nice motor home tomorrow.  It is taking a new set of eyes to determine how to proceed.  Everything will be a new challenge for awhile as we transition.

We can take a limited amount of stuff on the road with us including our tools to make our living.  We have already sold and given away a ton of crap this year.  We are now going through the process of trying to guess what we will want to keep in storage for future use when we find our five acres of paradise, and what gets liquidated.  The prospect of having the freedom to wake up anywhere we want is actually a little overwhelming.  We are already making a list of places to visit.  This list includes natural wonders and restaurants alike.  We have figured out that our biggest challenge will be downsizing our kitchen.  We are both foodies who love to create new dishes.  We now get to challenge our skills with much less space for cooking and resources.  Our four cats will be re-homed, but we are taking both dogs with us and have to consider space for their food and such.

We are looking forward to eating at local restaurants and finding food at local farmers markets from different areas of the country.  We look forward to seeing family that we haven't been able to see often.  I will be writing about our experiences along the way.  Someday they will be one set of tales out of many from this "great recession."  I hope folks will follow along as we take this crazy adventure into location independent living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank A Soldier

Thank A Soldier
For Freedom Of Speech And Religion

Follow Me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    I Support Heathens Against Hate!

    I Support Heathens Against Hate!

    I Support Pagans Against Fascism

    I Support Pagans Against Fascism

    Join Me At Goodreads.com

    Jeremy's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

    The Wolf and The Raven

    The nights sat long and dark upon my soul,
    and I oft wondered why I stayed so cold,
    so lonely, though by my friends I was surrounded.
    I was emptiness embodied, with grief I was flooded.
    I heard a sound and turned to look- a man on a charger,
    With sword held ready- a knight in shining armor!
    I beckoned to him, and as he came forward to greet me,
    I was captivated by his eyes, wild weary, and free
    I did not notice at first his wounds and scars,
    Only a fae light dancing like fireflies beneath the stars.
    I saw his steed was tired, thirsty, and ungroomed,
    yet docile and magnificent this beast still loomed.
    The knight dismounted, it was then that I noticed
    that his armor was dented and dirty, ropes bound his wrists.
    But his eyes still shone with fire, his manner light,
    Whatever battle he'd been in, his spirit still burned bright.
    He told me his adventures as the days quickly passed,
    And every night I tended to his wounds, mending fast
    I groomed his horse, built his new armor,and sharpened his blade,
    Dreading the day he'd say farewell, and into the twilight fade.
    Then one day he appeared, leading a new horse, smaller than before,
    He handed the reins to me, and smiled like ne'er before.
    "Wolf-woman, I've many battles yet to fight," he said gravely,
    "But I need you by my side, my love, won't you come with me?"
    And so we travel, the wolf and the raven, side-by-side,
    Fighting our battles together, and into the moonlight fade.
    C2001 Ulfmar