Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.--Bertrand Russell

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Quick Update

It has been awhile since I posted, but here goes with a brief update.  I have been working with Dad on a house for the last two weeks.  We are getting everything packed and ready to haul to the ranch.  After discussing it with Mom and Dad it was decided that we will stay with them for a bit and I can help Dad with some work he has had come up, and he can help us build our bus into a comfortable living space.  Sy will help Mom around the ranch while I'm working with Dad.  In our spare time we will finish sorting our belongings and putting some in storage in our shed at the ranch.  Some is going with us, and some we will sell along the way.

Right now we are just trying to get it packed so that we can get it out of this house.  Dad is bringing a stock trailer and I think with that and the bus and the van, we can get just about everything out of the house in this next week.  Sy took a van load down this past week and baby sat the horses and dogs while Mom took a friend to Amarillo for medical stuff.

I took the bus to have an emissions test and be weighed on Monday.  It has passed emissions and can now be licensed.  Our insurance company is going to drop coverage on the bus in February because the underwriting dept will not cover it.  So I will be shopping our insurance around very soon.

I need to get back to packing.  For the near future, I will probably update this blog about once a week.  In a couple of months, When we hit the road for real, I will update more often on our adventures in Nomadism.  We want to get to Phoenix and San Antonio in the Spring before it gets too hot to be tolerable.  Please keep checking back or subscribe for updates.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank A Soldier

Thank A Soldier
For Freedom Of Speech And Religion

Follow Me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    I Support Heathens Against Hate!

    I Support Heathens Against Hate!

    I Support Pagans Against Fascism

    I Support Pagans Against Fascism

    Join Me At Goodreads.com

    Jeremy's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

    The Wolf and The Raven

    The nights sat long and dark upon my soul,
    and I oft wondered why I stayed so cold,
    so lonely, though by my friends I was surrounded.
    I was emptiness embodied, with grief I was flooded.
    I heard a sound and turned to look- a man on a charger,
    With sword held ready- a knight in shining armor!
    I beckoned to him, and as he came forward to greet me,
    I was captivated by his eyes, wild weary, and free
    I did not notice at first his wounds and scars,
    Only a fae light dancing like fireflies beneath the stars.
    I saw his steed was tired, thirsty, and ungroomed,
    yet docile and magnificent this beast still loomed.
    The knight dismounted, it was then that I noticed
    that his armor was dented and dirty, ropes bound his wrists.
    But his eyes still shone with fire, his manner light,
    Whatever battle he'd been in, his spirit still burned bright.
    He told me his adventures as the days quickly passed,
    And every night I tended to his wounds, mending fast
    I groomed his horse, built his new armor,and sharpened his blade,
    Dreading the day he'd say farewell, and into the twilight fade.
    Then one day he appeared, leading a new horse, smaller than before,
    He handed the reins to me, and smiled like ne'er before.
    "Wolf-woman, I've many battles yet to fight," he said gravely,
    "But I need you by my side, my love, won't you come with me?"
    And so we travel, the wolf and the raven, side-by-side,
    Fighting our battles together, and into the moonlight fade.
    C2001 Ulfmar